Galo & Joanne Vasquez
Vela Ministries, Mexico
Vela Ministries, under the leadership of Galo Vasquez, has been involved in the development of Vision 20/20 which is a national plan of evangelism to take advantage of the new open doors to preach the Gospel and establish new churches across Mexico. Galo also spends a great deal of time working alongside Franklin Graham in outreach festivals and relief projects sponsored by the Billy Graham Association and Samaritan's Purse. In late 2007 these agencies were instrumental in assisting the victims left behind by the hurricane FELIX in Nicaragua. However, their ministry is not limited to Mexico. They continue to train and empower Christian leaders across Latin America for the work of evangelism.
We deeply appreciate the opportunity to share with you what our ministry is all about, what God is doing and the needs for prayer. We have been missionaries throughout Latin America for almost 40 years. We are the leaders of VELA Ministries which is the achromyn for the Spanish name of the organization that is based in Mexico City. Our main ministry has been to equip and empower national leaders and churches to carry out the work of evangelism. It is our joy and privilege to see year after year literally thousands of pastors and churches across Latin America encouraged and trained to reach their own people with the Gospel. Only this year, we had the opportunity to be in Uruguay and Colombia. By the grace of God, only in those two countries we saw over 20,0000 new people coming to know the Lord Jesus as their personal Savior. We work with a team of people that have been trained to lead our day to day ministries conducting training seminars for pastors and local congregations. We also have a training center in the outskirts of Mexico City that CCC helped us to establish and that provides on going practical training programs. Whatever we do, it is always with the goal of seeing new people reached with the Gospel.
Galo's birthday is July 1st, Joanne's birthday is Feb. 14th, and their wedding anniversay is April 18th
Prayer Requests (May 2013)
- We Praise God for the many open doors before us to continue our ministry of motivating, training and mobilizing the Body of Christ for the work of evangelism in Mexico and throughout Latin America.
- Pray for the Follow-Up of more than 5,000 new people that made decisions for Christ in La Paz, Bolivia. Franklin Graham and I had an opportunity to preach the Gospel to 90,000 people in three days.
- Pray for our 15 Partner Churches in Mexico City as our VELA Team assists them to become true lighthouses in their communities.
- Pray for the VELA Training Center as we make an attempt this year to initiate the expansion of the facilities to train a larger number of people.
- Pray for the 20 "Days of Hope" local church evangelistic campaigns that will take place this year to reach new people with the message of salvation.
- Pray for our "Vision 20 / 20" National Plan of Evangelism.
- Pray for me as a I am constantly on the road and for Joanne as she continues to recover from her two knee replacements.
We appreciate your prayers and all that Christ Community Church has done for us over the years.
Galo & Joanne Vasquez