Christ Community Church Missions FAQs
(frequently asked questions)
- What is the purpose of CCC’s missions program?
The purpose of the church is to evangelize non-believers, to nurture believers, to develop believers into disciple-makers, and to direct all activity to the glory of God. The purpose of CCC’s missions program is to help fulfill the Great Commission as recorded in Matthew 28:18-20 and Acts 1:8. It focuses on those activities outside the church facilities so as to compliment its on-site ministries, as well as expand the missions vision of CCC. The program is directed toward evangelism, discipleship, church planting, theological training and meeting human needs.
- What are the responsibilities of CCC’s Missions Commission?
The overall responsibilities of the Missions Commission include:
a. The stimulation of intercessory prayer of our congregation for world evangelization and for our missionaries
b. The education of our congregation in the field of World Missions
c. Recruiting, selecting, developing, training and sending personnel into missions service
d. Assistance in the oversight of selected personnel in missionary service
e. Development and management of fund-raising programs for the missions budget
f. Administration of the funds so raised under the oversight of the Elders
g. Interpretation of CCC’s Statement of Faith and Missions Policies to missionaries and missions agencies, and to serve as liaison between them and the church
h. Assistance in caring for the personal, spiritual and financial needs of CCC missionaries
- How is CCC’s missions program funded?
The missions program relies solely on the faithful giving of its congregants. CCC members and attendees are encouraged to direct a portion of their giving to the missions program. Gifts to the Missions Fund are presumably given over and above gifts designated to the church’s General Fund. Donations may be made by check (indicate “missions” on check) or through the online donation center on church’s website www.ccctucson.org
- How many missionaries does CCC support?
Presently CCC supports 22 career missionaries and 4 local missions agencies
- Can I designate monetary gifts to a particular CCC missionary?
Generally speaking, designated giving to particular missionaries is not desired and discouraged. Upon receipt of such gifts, they will be considered as a part of the missionaries’ regular support from CCC. Should the amount of the designated gift exceed the regular monthly support, the additional funds shall also be passed on with the monthly allowance. If it is determined that a missionary has a special/critical need, the Missions Commission can take exception to this policy
- What are the criteria for accepting and supporting missionary candidates?
Numerous opportunities exist for meaningful involvement and support of the church worldwide. For maximum effectiveness, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the Missions Commission will select a limited number of missionaries, ministry agencies, and geographic regions. As a result, we have chosen to have a major commitment to a limited number of missionaries and agencies, rather than a token commitment to many. Candidates seeking support must be actively involved in the ministry of CCC (or an equivalent church elsewhere). CCC is committed to maintaining a deep relationship with those missionaries and ministries selected to receive financial support.
In the selection process, as the Missions Commission determines which persons, projects and agencies to support, the following priorities (in addition to those in the preceding statements) will serve as guidelines:
- People before projects, agencies, etc.
- Church members before church attendees
- Career before short-term missionaries
- Foreign before domestic missions
- Cross-cultural before non cross-cultural activities
- The best qualified for the task
- Unreached before reached people groups
- Development of existing ministry before expansion into new ministries
- Expansion before duplication
- Support of foreign national missionaries whenever the desired relationship and accountability criteria can be satisfied
Parties interested in applying for financial missions support should contact CCC’s missions pastor
- How are members of the Missions Commission selected?
Commission members are appointed by the Missions Commission, with approval of the Board of Elders, after having been interviewed by the Chairman of the Missions Commission or his appointee. Prospective members shall be evaluated as to spiritual maturity, length of time attending CCC, participation in CCC’s ministry, interest and commitment to Missions, and availability for committee and sub-committee meetings. The term of office for a Missions Commission member will normally be no less than three years nor more than six years.
- How often are missionaries evaluated by the Missions Commission?
The Missions Commission is responsible, subject to the approval of the Board of Elders, to evaluate and revise the support relationship between CCC and those missionaries who are being supported. The amount of financial support given to each missionary/agency will be reviewed as follows:
- Reviewed annually for each career missionary during the first quarter of the year to determine if a change is needed
- Reviewed within one month following a special request by the missionary
- Reviewed at a special meeting as soon as possible after an emergency need has been communicate to the Missions Commission