8th Grade Winter Retreat
December 5, 2020 to December 6, 2020
6:30am – 2:00pm
Location: Mt. Lemmom, , AZCategory: Middle School
The power of the Gospel is transformative. It takes hearts of stone and turns them into hearts of flesh. It flips the light switch on darkness. It resurrects the dead and breathes life into them. It delivers hope, it offers peace, and it changes everything.
We're heading up Mt. Lemmon to Southern Pines Baptist Camp. Meet outside of Green 4 at 6:30am on Saturday. We will return to the church on Sunday around 2pm.
$60 Click here to register and make payments. Please complete the required Medical Release Form and read the below Safety Plan pertaining tho this retreat:
8th Grade Retreat Safety Plan
In order to maintain safety for both students and staff, the below guidelines and policies have been put into place for this trip:
Limited Occupancy - Attendance for camp has been halved to 48 people max on the campus for the trip, that way there is ample space to distance in common areas.
- Sleeping Arrangements - Since occupancy is at half capacity, students will be assigned every-other bed to leave space that meets Covid restrictions.
- Masks - Masks will be required when indoors, unless eating. When outside, students will be able to take masks off at their discretion, unless standing close to each other. Masks DO NOT need to be worn while sleeping.
- Common Areas - Since occupancy is at half capacity, there will be fewer students in common area rooms. Additionally, there is an option for students to eat outside. For all activities/meals indoors, students will be spaced out appropriately, with masks being required during chapel and worship time.
- Recreation - Activities (indoor & outdoor) will be spaced out in rotations, as to limit the number of students in one given area at a time. In between rotations, leaders will sanitize touched items (balls, board games, tables, chairs, etc.)
- Sanitation - We have hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes to sanitize areas after use and for students to wash their hands between activities and before meal times.
CCCMS Winter Retreat Packing List
- Water Bottle
- Sleeping bag
- Warm clothes (avg. high for this time of year is about 50 degrees; avg. low is 30)
- Beanie/warm hat
- Closed toed shoes
- Crazy Christmas Clothes
- Anything illegal
- Electronic devices
- Food (food cannot be left in cabins!) If you have special dietary restrictions needs we can store any food you need to have in the kitchen. Please turn in upon checkin.