What is a Community Group?
A Community Group is a small core of adults (usually 8-16) who meet and spend time with each other 2-3 times a month in order to grow in their walk with Christ and deepen their friendships with one another. Community Groups are highly encouraged to get together beyond the regular meeting times as often as possible.
If you would like to join, please fill out this online form to be placed into a group. To learn more about Community Groups, contact Pastor Brett at email@example.com.
- are home-based
- are open to adults attending CCC who are seeking a deeper relationship with God and other Christians
- are expressions of who we are and who we hope to become in Christ
Young Professionals Community Group:
This is a community group geared towards singles ages 22-30 who are looking for a Christ-centered atmosphere where they can learn and grow in their walk with Him. We meet every-other Thursday evening from 7:30 to 9:00 pm in FLC 203/204, and also have many events such as concerts, hikes, game nights, etc. For more information please contact Justin and Courtney Odle at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sarah in the church office.
Why Join a Community Group?
- Countless people in today's world are living fragmented lives and experiencing superficial relationships. The business of everyday life has allowed us to be deprived of a sense of true community. We hunger for significant relationships and search for people who really care. As Christians we should, and can, be people who care enough to show God's love to those around us. Seventy-two times the Bible makes reference to how we should treat one another.
- We are instructed to love one another, encourage one another, pray for one another, accept one another, bear one another's burdens, and build up one another. The book of Acts is very clear about how God intends for His people to grow and have their needs met within the church (see Acts 2:42f.). Becoming a member of a Community Group will help us become the Christians God desires.
Your Community Group will help you:
- understand the Bible better
- feel like part of God's family
- make prayer become more meaningful to you
- find support in time of crisis, change, and stress
- share Christ with ease with those who will not come to a church
- discover your God-given talents
- deepen your appreciation of worship
- make lasting friendships
“Community" happens when people:
- study and apply the Word of God with one another
- serve together
- show a personal interest in one another
- pray for one another
- help one another as needs arise
- express Christian love for one another
- share their faith with one another