What do we mean when we say that Christ Community Church is a gospel-centered church? We mean that the gospel is not simply the entry point into the Christian life but that it is also the foundation and power that shapes all we do as followers of Jesus Christ, both in our daily lives and in our experience as the corporate body of Christ.
The Good News of Jesus Christ is not only the fire that ignites the Christian life, it's the fuel that keeps Christians going and growing each day.
The gospel is the gloriously great announcement of what God has done through the incarnation, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ to satisfy His own wrath (or settled opposition against sin which His holy nature requires) and to secure forgiveness of sins, the gift of eternal life, the gift of the Holy Spirit, a coming new creation free from decay, disasters, disease, evil, sin, and death and perfect righteousness for all who trust in Christ alone for salvation.
Therefore, the gospel is not what God requires. The gospel is what God provides! The gospel is not an imperative, demanding things you must do. The gospel is an indicative, declaring things that God has done. The gospel is not about human action, it's about divine achievement. The gospel is not a moralistic “Do!" The gospel is a merciful “Done!" The gospel is not good advice – it's good news! Our ministry values: worship, grow, connect, and reach are all gospel-driven. We at Christ Community Church want the gospel of Christ to inform and empower all that we do to the glory of God.
- Do you know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior?
- Have you received the gift of eternal life?
- If you died today, are you certain you would spend eternity with God in heaven?
- Have you believed in the gospel?
Gospel-Centered Christian Living Resources
- The Gospel-Centered Life by Bob Thune & Will Walker
- Living the Cross Centered Life by C.J. Mahaney
- The Gospel for Real Life by Jerry Bridges
- The Transforming Power of the Gospel by Jerry Bridges
- Gospel in Life by Tim Keller (see also Galatians for You by Keller)
- Gospel by J.D. Greear
- Gospel-Centred Life by Steve Timmis & Tim Chester
- Everyday Prayers: 365 Days to a Gospel-Centered Faith by Scotty Smith
- Gospel Centered Productivity by Ryan Pelton
- In Christ Alone: Living the Gospel Centered Life by Sinclair Ferguson
- The Gospel-Driven Life by Michael Horton
- Gospel-Powered Humility by William Farley
- Gospel Wakefulness by Jared Wilson
- The Gospel Is For Christians by Mitchell Chase
- ESV Gospel Application Bible
Gospel-Centered Church & Ministry Resources
- Gospel-Centered Ministry by Tim Keller
- Center Church: Doing Gospel-Centered Ministry In Your City by Tim Keller
- Christ-Centered Worship: Letting the Gospel Shape Our Practice by Bryan Chapell
- Creature of the Word: The Jesus-Centered Church by Matt Chandler, Eric Geiger & Josh Patterson
- Conduct Gospel-Centered Funerals by Brian Croft
- Gospel-Centered Church by Steve Timmis
- The Gospel as Center by The Gospel Coalition
- Gospel-Centred Leadership by Steve Timmis
- Kingdom Come: A Gospel-Centered Guide to Discipleship by Shawn Kennedy & Bill Mangham
- Gospel-Centered Teaching by Trevin Wax (coming)
- Gospel-Centered Discipleship by Jonathan Dodson
- As You Go: Creating a Missional Culture of Gospel-Centered Students by Alvin Reid
- Gospel-Centered Hermeneutics by Graeme Goldsworthy
Gospel-Centered Family Resources
- The Gospel Centered Woman by Wendy Alsup
- Gospel-Centered Marriage by Tim Chester
- Gospel-Centered Parenting by Rick Thomas
- Orphanology: Awakening to Gospel-Centered Adoption and Orphan Care by Tony Merida & Rick Morton
- Gospel-Powered Parenting: How the Gospel Shapes and Transforms Parenting by William Farley
- The Gospel Story Bible by Marty Machowski
- Faithmapping: A Gospel Atlas for Your Spiritual Journey by Daniel Montgomery & Mike Cosper
- Christ Formed in You: the Power of the Gospel for Personal Change by Brian Hedges
- Glimpses of Grace: Treasuring the Gospel in Your Home by Gloria Furman
- Christ in the Chaos: How the Gospel Changes Motherhood by Kimm Crandall