The Stephen Ministry is a confidential, lay-caring ministry grounded in Jesus' command to love one another (John 13:34-35-). Those who are hurting receive love and support through one-to-one caring relationships. The ministry is named after Stephen, one of the first deacons in the early Christian church, commissioned by the apostles to care for the needs of people in the Christian community (Act 6-7).
Stephen Ministry lay caregivers (called Stephen Ministers) provide one-to-one Christian care to the bereaved, hospitalized, terminally ill, separated, divorced, unemployed, relocated, and others facing a crisis or life challenge.
- Is life more than you can handle alone right now?
- Are you struggling with health, attitude, or relationship issues?
- Are you adjusting to a new job, change in marital status, a serious illness, the death of a loved one, or a recent move?
- Would you like to have someone in your life that really cares?
Everyone goes through difficult times. Having someone to care, to listen, and to share God's love can help you get through the confusion, stress, or loneliness that you may be experiencing.
WHAT ARE THE NEEDS WITH WHICH STEPHEN MINISTERS CAN HELP?
- Family frustrations and challenges
- Terminal or chronic illness
- Families of the chronically ill
- Loss of a loved one
- Separation or divorce
- Being shut-in
- Having a newborn or adopting
- A low self-esteem
- Prisoners, ex-offenders, and families
- Loss of a job
- Financial setbacks
- Struggling with faith in God
- Aging and elderly
- Facing life changes
- Miscarriage and Infertility
A Stephen Minister is NOT...
- A counselor or therapist
- Counsel will only be given if requested
- A problem-solver
- A casual visitor
Stephen Ministers are Caregivers...God is the CUREGIVER
To receive help from a Stephen Minister, contact Pastor Brett Inman firstname.lastname@example.org or call 520-296-8501.
To learn more about Stephen Ministries click here.